Friday, April 8, 2011

Location, Location, Location...

I know I am completely delusional, but I am determined, which means nothing by the way, that we are going to the Keys for dinner tonight.  Going to the Keys would be the same as getting some type of high tech treatment, specific to my problemsThe best possible form of therapy...aaaahhhhh


Today, I was horribly sick, which makes this even more of a joke.  I found the perfect restaurant in Islamorada, "Morada Bay Beach Cafe",on the Gulf side with tables in the sand. (Reminds me of the old "Sandy Shoe" restaurant that we all loved and miss down here, but better food!) The sunset would be beautiful and I could walk in the water.  If Jimmy were awake, he would laugh and say "yeah, right!".  Now, if only you could all come too. Why not???.... in my delusions you can :) YIPPEE!



I've said that I still haven't "accepted" my health issues, after six long years.  I guess this proves it!  You would have to see me and know my day to day struggles to know how outlandish this is.  


The car ride is slightly over two hours.  I would have to be reclined in the seat for the ride to and back.  It would help if I could use the power wheel chair to sit at the table, since it reclines.  When my autonomic issues kick in, from not being horizontal, reclining the wheel chair would buy me more time.  

Unfortunately, I would be taking a huge risk, sacrificing the w/c for the chairs in the sand.  I could just see the waiter come and ask Jimmy "where did she go?" and Jimmy would have to say "you're standing on her", where I would be in the fetal position, on a beach blanket - classy lady! ..but then, have you ever seen the locals in the Keys?!?!? Honestly, if you have ever been to the Keys, you would know what I'm talking about!!  

I can't believe I am so excited about this imposserous (sp?) idea....I'm not going to question it.


We are celebrating our 30th anniversary this September.  Naturally, I would love to take a beautiful vacation someplace far away..Tuscany.  Due to my very specific health issues, plane travel is not an option, even a short flight. 

That leaves Florida, which is lucky for us.  There are a few places where I would love to go.  Cheeca Lodge in Islamorada specifically.  (Actually, Little Palm Island is my tip top of the list, but the prices are through the roof.  I think it starts at  approx. $1,500/night not including food! ..but each couple gets their own private cottage on the beach, on a private island that you need to take a boat to get to)  It is impossibly frustrating, since chances are so great that I would have to stay in the hotel room, wherever we end up.  Ooohh, if only I could get out on parole for a few days in September!  Dreading the anniversary.  It should be special, but I know it can't be.


Well, back to my delusions for dinner on the Gulf tonight.  If I get there....I know, I know..funny joke....I will post pictures of the beautiful Gulf sunset on FB.  I thought I was awake, now I'm thinking I am sleeping and dreaming...yeah, that must be it....

No comments:

Post a Comment