Saturday, November 19, 2011

Striking while the iron is hot...

On my way to bed, but wanted to write a short one.  Jimmy and I just came home from a really fun visit with my parents.  My mom looks great and somehow, with us both being sick, we still have endless stories to tell!  Anyway, I could see she was getting tired and I was too.  When we left, I was really looking forward to getting home and directly in to bed.  HOWEVAH', it is just about impossible for me to drive past Deerfield Beach without stopping.  In the old days, it would have been for some power walking, these days it is to get something to eat and directly back home, or to simply drive past the beautiful beach...heaven.

We usually end up at the "Patio Bar", which is right on the beach.  I have to say it is a little unnerving to see all the vacationers with their cute sundresses and sunkist faces....then, there's Maude :(  UGH!!! As usual, I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb.  

There was a guy playing the geeeetar.  As soon as we sat down, he was playing "Margaritaville", as if on cue....always a good start to feel like we are on vacation, even though it was a one hour vacay!  He played "Norwegian Wood" and some other great old songs.  When he played "Amy" (watcha' gonna' do), I couldn't help but smile.  I was thinking to myself that the next song had to be "Brown Eyed Girl".  Just as I was thinking that, I looked at Jimmy and he was looking at me smiling.  I asked him why he was smiling and he said he never sees me enjoy myself and he loved seeing the look on my face......then came the waterworks!!!  What is it with me???  But, he was right, I was enjoying myself...and it felt good.

While sitting there, I decided I have to take a night and literally do a pub crawl. (wish I really could do that, just once)  When we go out, I always drink water with lemon.  I need to hit the hard stuff - top shelf Long Island ice tea...I need to get from point A to point B, no messing around.  I am a big talker, but this is a short term goal.  One of these nights, I'm going to do it...you'll see.

The one thing I really do hate about going anyplace that serves liquor is that after drinking water, I walk out looking like I had been downing shots.  So embarrassing!!!  I try to walk as perfect as I can, but I can never quite pull it off and I feel so conspicuous.  Watch, I'll have my Long Island Ice Tea and walk out perfectly...who's coming with me???...disclaimer, it will be a short night :)

So, we took a detour on the way home, and really did feel like we were tourists.  That always feels great!   Next time, I'll have to get a fanny pack that says "FLORIDA" on it, and have a camera hanging around my  neck. I wanted to go down to the water and put my feet in.  I checked the sign and the water temp. was 79 today...not too shabby.  Walking in the sand is hard for me and I wasn't up for "Dead Man Walking" back to the car, so maybe next time.

Over the past few weeks, I have been wanting to write on my more private blog, for those that are sick or dealing with some type of hardships in their lives.  It has been at least six months since I posted on there.  So, I expect to write on there within the next day or two. If anyone needs that link again, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.

You can all consider this my post card from our vacation...  "Wish You Were Here!!!"....off to bed to see if there is a mint on my pillow!

Please keep my mom, Marie Mahony, in your prayers...

No comments:

Post a Comment