Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy, Happy Thanksgiving...

It is so hard to believe that tomorrow is going to be Thanksgiving. We'll be spending it with Ry and Liz, in their new home.  They have been looking forward to hosting their first holiday for such a long time...I know everything is going to be delicious and perfect.

Also, we are so happy that Liz's mom, Jeannie, flew down for this special day.  It will be so much fun to see her again and get caught up.  No doubt, she is having fun helping Liz and admiring the "view" out back!  It's a little scary bringing pies to the "Lancaster Lady"... Jeannie is used to the best!

Not to mention, Chris, Danielle, Brayden, Gabby and Baby Maks will be with us too.  I can't wait to see the kids in their new Thanksgiving outfits!  They are really too precious for words!  I cannot wait for my bear hugs from the kiddies - words cannot describe the feeling. 

Unfortunately, my mother and father will not be able to be with us.  Obviously, they will be missed terribly!  Wishing my mom a better day tomorrow.  Hopefully, we'll get to bring some leftovers to them tomorrow night or Friday...there will be lots of pie...and hugs to deliver! 

Additionally, we'll have two more vacant seats., We'll be missing Phil and Laura too..so much!!  Phil is at sea and Laura is spending Thanksgiving with her family...which is so nice for the Kreitman's.  They'll have a great holiday, no doubt!

We don't all have perfect lives. I can't think of too many people that "appear" to have no complaints.  In spite of all of this, we all have so much to be thankful for tomorrow and every day.  I have many friends with poor health, financial problems, family issues, some with seemingly perfect lives, etc., yet I can't think of one that couldn't make a list that is a mile long, detailing all they have to be grateful for...(I know, ending a sentence with a preposition :)...not grateful for that!

As you have all noticed, I can be quite the complainer myself!!  With all my different issues that we have dealt with in the last year, along with my health....and now my mother's health....I still have so much....so much more than a lot of people. I feel that I have always kept that in perspective for just about all of my adult life....although, I do eat my heart out when I see people out power walking...but, who knows, maybe their families and friends aren't as amazing as mine...duh, how could they be????

I know that everyone will take a moment to give thanks tomorrow....and for that moment, realize that "yeah, I am SO blessed".  Wishing you all a beautiful Thanksgiving and to savor that "yeah, I am SO blessed" moment....tomorrow and throughout the year.

It happened again....tomorrow is Ry and Liz's exciting day and their Frank Sinatra wedding song just came on my playlist....tomorrow will be beautiful!

Please keep my mother, Marie Mahony, in your prayers! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment