Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ring...Ring......"Yellow???"

I am too tired to write, but it's been a few days, so here goes....

Today was so much fun!  I had a great time talking (I not we) to Diane Chambers today.  I don't want to think about how long it has been.  Ooohhh, I hate being so detached from such special friends because of my health....breaks my heart.  Anyway, it was so funny, for those that know me well, because Diane happened to be with Erica when I called...double hitter. Erica and I weren't able to talk ...but, it was still fun hearing her voice in the background!

Here comes a major promotion for an upcoming movie!  Diane's husband, and my special boyfriend, John, is one of the executive producers of "The Mighty Macs"...coming to a theater near you :)....10/21!  John's brother Tim Chambers wrote and directed the film approximately three years ago.  Ellen Burstyn, Carla Gugino and David Boreanaz are in the movie....being billed under my friend Diane!!  Diane was an extra as a nun and fan in the bleachers.  It is a true story about the girls bb team from Immaculata college in '71 or '72.  It is one of those great feel good movies like "Rudy" and "Miracle", which Tim was also involved in.  The premier is this Friday night at the Kimmel Center.  It is going to be an amazing night for the entire Chambers family.  I am going to go bananas when I see it!  Diane's son and daughter, as well as others that I know are also in it.  I couldn't be happier for all of them.  Treat yourself and go see this beautiful and moving movie.  If you google "The Mighty Macs", you can see the trailer.

Aside from all of that excitement, it was just great to hear Diane's voice and get caught up, w/o the use of the computer!!  Oh happy days!!!

Not long after I spoke with Diane, I heard from another of my special boyfriends , Rick Leonetti.  It has been a very sad time for the Leonetti family.  Rick's mom, Carmel, passed away recently.  It was wonderful to hear from Rick.  I told him that he comforted me as opposed to the other way around.  Mrs. Leonetti, aka Carmel Candy, was the sweetest woman you could ever meet.  I knew that Rick gave the eulogy at the funeral mass and wondered how he would be up to such a thing. (so sad that I wasn't able to attend)  Today he told me that when he got up to the pulpit, he asked everyone to stand and give a standing ovation for his mom.....so beautiful!!!    Mrs. Leonetti deserved it...she was just that special.    It was a love fest for me on the phone today. 

If only I could have kept on going in touching base with all my most special friends and family.  Maybe, I'll try to sneak a call in each day, regardless of how I feel.  Who am I kidding???? It is always SOOOOO easy to say that before the fact.  There is a reason I cannot keep in touch.  It is too draining and hard to keep up with the conversation, when I am already very sick.  Alrighty then, I'll revise my new plan. I'll try to make my calls on the days that I am up to it....I cannot lose touch with my precious friends that I have meticulously accumulated over my entire lifetime.  They were hand picked using my crazy strict criteria and care ... sounds like a Welch's commercial!  I love my grapes...they're a great bunch...

For those of you that are also very sick, it is most definitely worth the effort to push yourself to stay in touch with your closest friends and family members.  I know, all to well, how easy it is to say, "I just cannot do it".  Although that may be the case for most days, there are exceptions....thank God!  Make that call ~ there is nothing like it for sickies like us.  It really is like medicine. you will feel like your old self...even if just for a short time. Isolating yourself and inching away from everyone is so easy, under these circumstances. It happens so slow, over months and years, that you don't even realize it is happening.  Before you know it, you have detached yourself from those that do not want to be detached from you.  Be conscious of this and do your best to be available when you can, whether by phone, e-mail or even a visit.

Even though it is no longer yesterday, now that it is 2:00 am, I have to say a big, fat HAPPY SECOND ANNIVERSARY  to Ryan and Liz!!!  They are an amazing couple that were born to be together.  I'm so happy for this special, special day for them both.  Not to mention, they will settle on their beautiful new home, in Coral Springs, on Wednesday!!!  SO happy for them...we all are! (this is starting to sound like the very "amusing" letters that often accompany Christmas cards...so sorry :)

The songs that have played from my playlist, as I have been about to sign off lately, have been eerily appropriate...sounds made up, but it has been a series of strange coincidences...I'm not complaining :)


I was about to sign off just now, and the Frank Sinatra song that Ry & Liz danced to at their wedding...exactly two years ago... played, then when that was over, "You Raise Me Up" played :*(....Since I was too sick to attend the wedding, that is the song my mother danced to, with Ry, for the "Mother/Son Dance"........it is hard to type through tear filled eyes...better get going....love to you all XOXO

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing woman Cathy, keep up the blogging. You're so right about all of this, especially about pushing on and not isolating. Congrat to Ry and Liz!!! Ohh, your music? What joy!!! Right now you're playing one of my ALL TIME favorites, "Hello it's me", THANK YOU!!!!!!
    Love ya, sending good karma your way...as always....Patty

    ReplyDelete