Thursday, May 26, 2011

Double Whammy Week...

Such an exciting week!  Lisa, John and Dan (my brother, sister-in-law and nephew) are down from PA. Like my sister Nancy, they are staying at my parents. They came on Saturday.  So far, I have seen Lisa three times, which is really great.  Unfortunately, they leave on Friday....I hate to see them go :( ....don't go....

I decided to have an impromptu post-wedding shower for my newest beautiful daughter-in-law, Laura.  SO MUCH FUN!!!!   The adrenaline rushes between John, Lisa and Dan being here, then  planning the shower has kept me afloat.  The shower was last night and it was such a special night.  Everyone was so sweet and happy to be there for Laura.  You could feel the happiness in the air - magical! I wish we could go back and do it all over again!  It's been a long time since I laughed so much = best medicine..I think I overdosed :)

Lisa was a HUGE help in getting balloons, favors and ton 'o gifts! Not to mention, Lisa is the best photographer.  I am looking forward to seeing the pictures.  My mother said they turned out great. It was so sweet seeing Laura's face when she realized what she walked in to.  We are all so happy for Laura and Phil.  Liz (another wonderful daughter-in-law...I have the best DIL's - so grateful) brought the cake with the best wording...."The Best Is Yet To Come".  I thought that was perfect, since Phil and Laura have a beautiful new life ahead of them and so much to look forward to.

I took my power/reclining w/c in the restaurant for the party.  Thank God I have that monster.  If I didn't have it, I would have had to leave before dinner was served.  It enabled me to completely recline for a large part of the party.  Also, we were fortunate enough to have a private room, considering it was last minute....as in 24 hours notice!!  I wouldn't have been as comfortable being fully reclined in the main part of the restaurant, for obvious reasons.   Everything worked out perfect.  It always seems that the impromptu plans are the most successful and fun.

Today, everything came crashing down, physically.  I knew to expect it. The price I pay for exceptional, special times is so hard, but so worth it.  When I am over the top pumped, psyched, crazy excited about something, it triggers my adrenaline to go through the roof and that is what carries me through these exciting times.  It isn't always a "given", but when it happens, I have to go for it.  As for this week, I am on borrowed time at this point.  I just need one more day!!!

Hoping I come out of it enough to see John, Lisa and Dan again tomorrow. Tomorrow HAS to be better than today....got it???

I have to admit, that I was glued to the TV for Oprah's last three shows....and, I have to admit there were several moments that brought me to tears....super sap!  Today was her final show and it was just Oprah talking to the audience.  She said so many inspirational things.  I was trying to remember, so I could pass them on to anyone that missed the show.  The show was recorded, so I will watch again and post some of her tremendous quotes.  She really is something!

Again, I went a week between posts.  It is too hard to write when I am not up to it. I just couldn't let another day pass without talking about Laura's shower and the excitement with Lisa, John and Dan.  I have to hold on for one more day....I think I can..I think I can..I think I can..

No comments:

Post a Comment