Thursday, September 29, 2011

My encore performance.....

Well, today I had to go back to the University of Miami for my second of three visits for MRI's.  As much as I hated to ask my mother to take me, I just had to break down and ask her to bring me yesterday and today.  Jimmy is taking me on Monday.  Anyhoo, after reading my post about my sitting-ovation-worthy "Chicago" performance the last time I drove myself to Miami, my mother asked me to put the CD in.  She didn't have to ask twice ;0  And they call Jimmy a saint!!!!  It really does pump some temporary life in to me.  My mother said that it made her drive faster, I think that is the same as saying "BRAVO!!!"...isn't it????   I assume her accelerated speed was due to her foot tapping the gas pedal along with the "show"!....what a rush...I love me some Broadway :)...wonder if my mother feels the same way?!?  I have a feeling she might have a sudden interest in mimes....much like Ceal, Kathy & Erica :)

MRI's are very difficult for me the past few years.  When I lie down, I have to be on my side, or I am very uncomfortable. Others in my condition, seem to have the same issue.  Lying on the MRI, flat on my back, unable to move a muscle for over an hour is excruciating for my muscles and bones.  Yesterday, I took one Xanax and one Vicodin.  I was close to tears by the end.  Today, I upped the Xanax to two, along with one Vicodin.  I have to say, it helped.  When I go on Monday, I will be in the tube for approximately one and a half hours - UGH!!!!!  Looking forward to this round of tests to be over, although I am having a CT scan of my heart on Tuesday.  CT scans are much shorter and easier to take.

Last week I finally ordered new glasses.  I am at the point where I need them to see close and distances.  Today I picked them up....they look exactly like the glasses that come with the fake plastic nose and mustache....minus the nose and mustache! NO, I DON'T HAVE A MUSTACHE!!!!!   I'm what you would call a "looker"...meaning I can now see!  I never love the way I look - that would be imposerous - but it is so nice wearing glasses all the time and always being able to see.  I have progressive lenses.  The eye doctor said it can take as long as three weeks to get used to the lenses.  You should have seen me in the parking lot.  I thought that the lines painted on the asphalt were steps????  Yet, another humiliating moment to add to my Encyclopedia of Humiliations.

The good news is that I get to stay home tomorrow...that is unless I want to get some exercise walking up and down the steps in the Walmart parking lot. 

I want to add that Phil sets out on his second Coast Guard duty for two and half months tomorrow.  Even though he has been living in Charleston, I am really going to miss him even more, once he sets sail.  We all love you Phil and wish you an incredible experience. Bon Voyageeeeeee Coastie :)

Oooohh, I want to hit "publish", but my play list is playing "On My Own" from Les Mis....aaaaaahhhhhhh...I swear I sound just like her....I'm such a dreamer....did I just say that out loud???? I really do sound like her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment