Friday, September 9, 2011

Back in business......

I HATE COMPUTERS!!!!!    UGH....I just wrote half of the post and somehow managed to delete it, while I thought I was just typing!!  

Okay, so where was I.....well, this past week has been rough and "rocky" to say the least.  I had three kidney stone attacks, beginning with a trip to the ER on Monday.  The attacks alone were absolutely horrible, with one lasting most of one day.  Almost as bad as the attacks themselves,  was the after effects they had on my other health issues....not good.  At this point, I am pretty confident that they are now in the "passed".  

We are about to enter into.....our thirtieth anniversary..... week!  I am excited and hoping for an "out of the norm" week.  Jimmy is taking the week off, with the hopes that I will be up to venturing out here and there.  I'm afraid there won't be too much of that going on, but any time we do get out will be great.  Our anniversaries are always really special.  Taking in to consideration that we have been to hell and back the past few years, we need this week to exhale, relax and hopefully get to some great restaurants, as well as a few other things we have in mind......trying to think positive....I think I can...I think I can................

In order to get the perfect card for Jimmy (aka Poor Jimmy, PJ, St. Jimmy, etc.), I knew I had to get myself out of the house today.  Otherwise, he would be home and with me....it wouldn't be the same.  Last year we were in the Hallmark store together and were kidding that we would pick out the perfect cards, show them to each other, then put them back :)

I took my crazy fast power w/c to the mall, bought the "Poor Saint" a gift and card.  Not to say there weren't several casualties along the way...as in a stack of cashmere sweaters that are now on the ground and the countless people that I came SO close to running in to.  I have a habit of keeping the w/c on the highest speed (surprise, surprise!),  which makes it seem like a runaway train.  If I had a nickel for every time I said "Oh, I'm SO SOOOOOORY!!!...well, I'd own Nickelodeon...  I bump in to every single display, then drag it along with me.  When I got to Macy's, a lady was nice enough to hold the door open for me and I still managed to get half way over the threshold and somehow the chair turned ninety degrees sideways, so I was straddling the threshold and kind of stuck...not pretty.  AGAIN...embarrassing!!!  Well, let's just say that none of the displays in Macy's or the Hallmark store are where they were before I came barreling in.  Thank God I don't have a license plate on that thing...everyone would be writing it down.

After that I had to go to Walmart.  Since the battery on my w/c seemed to be dying (I think it was "fake" calling in sick to keep me away), I used Walmart's scooters.  I am here to tell you that they have the best scooters, compared to Publix, Lowes, Home Depot and Target. I might have a vivid imagination (again, surprise, surprise) but, I kind of felt like the front two wheels came off the ground when I hit forward.  Walmart is a crazy place and I was happy I could get in and out fast!

Most of you know that we have had our Steuber Eagle's Sundays for the past seven years.  Everyone comes in their jerseys, including the babydolls.  My mom and I are the only ones wearing civies.  So, you Eagles fans, this Sunday is our first of the season.  I am SO excited, although I will probably be in bed listening to everyone screaming in the other room...I really, really love just hearing them all so excited....then, eventually the kiddies coming in bed with me!  I found an amazing Philly soft pretzel recipe and hoping that Jimmy and I will be able to make them for the big game....speaking of "Philly", we are going to miss Phil and Laura terribly this season :(

The fact that I am able to sit at the computer after my "outing" today, is a really big deal.  I know it is entirely due to my adrenaline pumping because of the possibility of an exciting week ahead....although it is too soon for the adrenaline....but, you all know me.... 

1 comment:

  1. im sooooo glad you are writing again! just wanted to ask what happened to "the bubble" ????? i was cracking up thinking of you taking down the sweaters!....you're gonna need to call on "the bubble" again.....it saved many a mailbox!.....

    ReplyDelete