Friday, May 25, 2012

Mini Jounal ~ Day 5

You are going to think I have a multiple personality disorder, but today wasn't too shabby.  After yesterday, I expected to take a few days to recover from yesterday.  Being so sick and having to push forward was excruciating, when I didn't have the strength to leave the house.  It's over now...thank God!  


After coming home from the Cleveland Clinic yesterday, I fell asleep around 7:00ish, I think.  During the night and today, I woke up two times for around an hour each time, then went back to sleep.  I just did the math, and I slept for approximately nineteen hours...that beat my former fifteen hour record.  Believe me, I needed every minute.


Obviously, that didn't leave too much of the day for anything major to happen.  After all of the tremendous sleep, I went to the food store for a few things.  Something I would have never expected, after yesterday.  Once home, I had to get in to my PJ's asap, which I did.  


My parents stopped over.  At first, I was so disappointed.  I was just about to get back in to bed.  Instead, I put on a happy face...although there was around a three minute delay.... They always make their visits short, which is perfect. My parents thoroughly know and understand my limits. I really enjoyed seeing them....never forgetting how fortunate I am to have such healthy and vibrant 82 year old parents!!  It's like winning the parents lottery! 


Not to brag, but I made dinner too.  Easy peasy....steak, baked potatoes and salad.  Every week there are days when that would be impossible.  I didn't see this little gift coming!


By my new standards, today was great.  I only wish I could get an e-mail or text telling me..."Hey, watch out because tomorrow is going to be a good one...make some plans".  These days come once in a blue moon.  Since I am so accustomed to the "other shoe dropping", it doesn't hit me until the end of the day that I could have maybe done something.  Oh well, at least I had a good day and still feel pretty good.  If I had made a run for it, I would be singing the blues.  


Right now it is a little after midnight and I have a feeling I am actually going to sleep tonight.  Feel free to have the visual of Sleeping Beauty....I hope Jimmy doesn't see that..his opinion would be more toward Rip Van Winkleish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment