Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What do you think?????

Ooohhh, I remember the days when I would say that I was too busy to think.  It seems that is pretty much how my entire life was.  Of course, I'd be thinking about jobs I was working on, where I had to go, who I had to see, etc.  These days, living in deafening silence, still deafening with the TV on, I cannot turn off the thinking.  I remember the nuns telling me to "put on your thinking cap"...they did this to me :)  When I was blogging, months ago, I know I mentioned this frustration.  Honestly, it can't be healthy for a person to be so isolated that all that is left is to think, without having the ability to turn it off. 

Dealing with such intense boredom, without having the ability to physically function, is a horrible life sentence.  In the past few months, I started playing ridiculous games on FB - UGH!!!!  I hate that I spend so much time doing this.  The bottom line is that there is nothing I can do physically and so tired of TV.  I told Jimmy that I am basically just tying to pass the time....then, I thought... passing the time until what???  Until I have to leave for work?  Until I go out with a friend?  Go to the beach????  When I thought about it, "passing the time", just to escape a a little here and there is depressing.  For me, passing the time has no end.....again, then I revert to the mindless thinking.  If only I had options....believe me, I've thought and thought and there are none.  My life was always so busy and hectic. Doing mindless things to "pass the time" is torture.  I guess I just pass the time until my body is ready to sleep again. 

We all know about the trash that is on TV.........of course, with the exception of Dancing With The Stars  :)  ....SO excited that Carson Kressley will be on.  I love him.  He doesn't need a partner,  he is so entertaining on his own.  I think I sat up in bed, because I thought I was hearing things when they announced his name - Woo Hoo!  (I love how Andy Cohen calls him "Car Car") Something to look forward to!  I was shocked when they said that Nancy Grace will also be on....I only see her doing the "Bristol Stomp"...I'm not going to mention any names, but I see one doing the "Mashed Potato"...trust me, I have no room to talk in that department... I can't throw stones...or potato's....   Oh, and David Arquette - the "pogo"...anyone remember that?  Maybe the DWTS band will play "Whip It"... I think that is how David Arquette walks down the street anyway.

I wanted to also mention my other blog.  This is the one that I prefer to keep more private, for those that are also chronically ill.  Some things I am not comfortable sharing with everyone.  In some cases, I would prefer my own family not know some of what I go through.  It is a safe haven for me to go to, when I am going through the darkest times.  Anyone that is dealing with similar issues, or have been to hell and back with unrelated issues, let me know and I'll get the link to you.  I don't post on there as often, which is a good sign!

For anyone reading from our area of Florida....I'm looking for suggestions of great steak places for our anniversary.  So far, the front runners are Steak 954 and Chops in Boca. We're also open to non steak houses too.  South Beach is not an option, so we need suggestions in Broward/Palm Beach counties. I have a suspicion that I'm going to have a lot to blog about after September 13...the good/bad/ugly.  I wish I could look in to crystal ball to see how it all unfolds.  If I could flawlessly map it out, we would be at a beautiful resort in the Keys for a few days, possibly Casa Marina, preferably Little Palm Island :) I would be able to tolerate the sun and go in the ocean for the first time in years. I would stay in for hours!!  Straight from the ocean to the tiki bar...for a loooong time, watching the beautiful Keys sunset, actually getting lost in the beauty, then late, delicious dinners on the beach, with a long time between courses.  I'm still dreaming of Jeannie....where in the hell is she???  Still in Cocoa Beach?? Please don't say we have to go to Cocoa Beach :(

So, I basically had a sleepless night, with the exception of an hour or two.  Again, what is there for me to do??????  Sit here at the computer for as long as I can comfortably sit up, or go to bed and look for something on TV???  I would give anything to say...."Gotta' go...late for work!"  
          Jeannie?????? Jeannie?????? Jeannie?????? Jeannie????

What do you know.... I'm about to sign off and Andrea Bocelli's "Time to Say Goodbye" just began again...time to sing my best faux opera Italian....love this so much!!!!!! It feels SO nice to smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment